Life Center of Galax, located in Virginia, is extremely proud to offer our Prodigal Christian Rehab Program which provides evidence-based therapies that have a Biblical foundation of support. When individuals come to our addiction rehab center seeking treatment for drug and alcohol addictions or dual diagnosis concerns and wish to receive care that is centered on a Biblical foundation, they will be referred to our Prodigal Christian Program.
This voluntary, faith-based rehab program is designed to provide Christians who are struggling with drug and alcohol abuse with an opportunity to walk on a path of recovery that is based on their Christian beliefs and faith. By taking part in this rehab programming option, of which is led by professionally trained counselors and staff, individuals are able to confront their addiction struggles head-on with the sense of confidence that comes from receiving Christ-centered treatment at our addiction rehab center.
Christ-centered substance abuse treatment works to help individuals find a way out of the hopelessness and despair that accompanies the presence of addiction by focusing on the following:
- Discerning God’s will from your own will and using that knowledge to assist you in abstaining from substances and addictive behaviors
- Working with staff members who are not only addiction professionals, but who are committed Christians themselves
- Christian treatment and rehab services that are fully supported by scripture and teachings from the Bible
- Letting go of the shame, self-doubt, and guilt that arise from the presence of chemical dependency
- Engaging in rehab services with other Christians who are likewise committed to their faith and recovery
- Participating in an effective blend of evidence-based and faith-based treatment interventions
- Taking part in opportunities for spiritual development and the bettering of one’s relationships with others and with God
The Virginia-based Prodigal Christian Program incorporates group therapy and education through the use of Christian tools, such as the Recovery Bible, Daily Devotionals, and the Celebrate Recovery Workbook. Rehabilitation programming itself includes the following:
- Daily devotional readings and discussions in a group setting
- Group Bible study, using Recovery Bibles as guides
- Christ-centered recovery groups
- Process group counseling
- Life-skills groups
- Educational lectures
Individuals who choose to engage in our Prodigal Christian Program here at our addiction rehab center in Virginia will also participate in our core drug and alcohol abuse program. The components offered in this integrated approach to treatment include the following:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Medical detoxification
- Family program
- Chronic relapse prevention
- Dual diagnosis groups
- AA/NA groups (when not attending Christ-centered recovery groups)
At Life Center of Galax in Virginia, we believe that recovering people are living examples of how God does for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Through the implementation of Christian counseling and rehab, as well as by living, working, and studying with other who are going through similar trials and tribulations, individuals engaged in the Prodigal Christian Program can find the strength and power to achieve lasting sobriety through their belief in God.
In Luke 18:27, Jesus says, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”
If you or a loved one are struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol and would like to experience the life-changing rehab that comes from taking part in a Biblically-based recovery program, look no further than the Prodigal Christian Program at Life Center of Galax in Virginia. We want to help you achieve a happier, healthier, and more satisfying life, free from the grips of addiction.