Our Admissions Process
Life Center of Galax we’re here to help individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
We’re Here to Help You Through the Admissions Process
Deciding to enter treatment for a substance use disorder is never an easy choice. No matter how much pain or harm you may have experienced as a result of your addiction, it is perfectly normal to be apprehensive about what will happen during residential treatment.
At Life Center of Galax, we understand the conflicting emotions that you and your loved ones are likely experiencing at this important time in your life. We respect the strength that you have demonstrated by making this courageous, life-affirming choice, and we are dedicated to ensuring that your entry into treatment is as efficient and stress-free as possible.
Our commitment to providing you with a world-class experience begins with your first phone call to our center, and continues throughout your every interaction with the talented members of our intake and treatment teams. When you choose to begin your recovery journey at Life Center of Galax, you discover the power and potential of walking alongside dedicated professionals whose sole goal is to help you achieve all of your treatment objectives.
On this page, you will discover how easy it is to take your first steps along your path to a healthier and more promising future.
Admissions Criteria for Life Center of Galax
One of the most important factors in a successful treatment experience is finding the program that is right for you. To ensure that Life Center of Galax can provide the solutions that you have been searching for, please take a moment to review our admissions criteria.
All admissions decisions at Life Center of Galax are made after a close review of each prospective patient’s unique strengths, needs, and goals. However, each person who is admitted into our program must meet the following general criteria:
- Are 18 years or older and not enrolled in high school
- Have a primary diagnosis of chemical dependency (we are prepared to treat co-occurring disorders as secondary diagnoses)
- Are ambulatory and capable of fully engaging in treatment activities
Due to the Virginia law and the nature of our programming, individuals who meet any of the following criteria cannot be admitted to Life Center of Galax:
- Actively suicidal or homicidal
- Exhibiting violent behavior or aggression
- Have a diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Registered as a sex offender
- Have an active eating disorder
- Experiencing psychosis with hallucinations or delusions
- On dialysis
If during the course of the admissions process it is determined that Life Center of Galax is not the best fit for you, we will be happy to work with you and your family to provide referrals to programs that may be better suited to meeting your needs.
Starting Addiction Recovery at Life Center of Galax
Starting the admissions process is as simple as picking up a phone and contacting us. A friendly and knowledgeable member of our team will be available to answer your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Depending upon your specific circumstances, you may be able to start the admissions process during this initial conversation, or you may schedule a follow-up call or an in-person appointment. In either case, here is what you can expect to accomplish:
- Provide some basic information, such as your name and phone number, the issues or challenges you are experiencing, and a bit about your treatment history
- Get information on the programming and resources that may be most appropriate according to your needs and treatment goals
- Discuss financial/insurance information and gather relevant information
- Complete a short preadmission assessment to confirm your appropriateness for our programming
- Schedule your admission
It really is just this simple. If Life Center of Galax is the right place for you, our goal is to get you into treatment with minimal delay so that you can start living the healthier life that you deserve.