At Life Center of Galax, we help individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health issues build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
What Is a Co-Occurring Disorder?
Learn more about co-occurring disorders
Co-occurring disorders refers to mental health issues such as depression or anxiety when they occur alongside substance use disorders. Co-occurring disorders can be effectively treated through our comprehensive services.
Our Co-Occurring Disorders Program
The co-occurring disorders program at Life Center of Galax
Treatment is provided by our multidisciplinary team which includes our ASAM certified addictionologist and board-certified psychiatrist. Co-occurring disorders program participants receive the following services:
- Mental health evaluation (as needed)
- Medication management (as needed)
- Individualized treatment (where both the mental health and substance abuse problems are addressed)
- Co-occurring disorder specialty groups (where education is provided, roadblocks are identified and coping skills are developed)
- Personal recovery plans (all patients develop a transition plan with the help of a counselor and the team)
Our commitment to recovery is our passion, as we work with patients to help them face the challenges associated with a co-occurring disorder.
If you are seeking help for substance abuse and a co-occurring disorder, please call one of our admissions counselors at (855) 763-0118. We are here for you 24 hours per day.