At Life Center of Galax, we help individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health issues build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
Learn more about dual diagnosis
Dual diagnosis refers to individuals who are coping with chemical dependency and a mental health issue such as depression or anxiety. Dual diagnosis can be effectively treated through our comprehensive services.
The dual diagnosis program at Life Center of Galax
Treatment is provided by our multidisciplinary team which includes our ASAM certified addictionologist and board certified psychiatrist. The dual diagnosis program participants receive the following services:
- Psychiatric Evaluation (as needed)
- Medication Management (as needed)
- Individualized Treatment (where both the mental health and substance abuse problems are addressed)
- Dual Diagnosis Specialty Groups (where education is provided, roadblocks are identified and coping skills are developed)
- Personal Recovery Plans (all patients develop a transition plan with the help of a counselor and the team)
Our commitment to recovery is our passion, as we work with patients to help them face the challenges associated with a dual diagnosis.
If you are seeking help for your dual diagnosis needs, please call one of our admissions counselors at (276) 522-0406. We are here for you 24 hours per day.