Life Center of Galax helps individuals struggling with cocaine abuse build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Located in Virginia, Life Center of Galax will help you start your recovery journey with detoxification and transition to residential rehabilitation.
What happens during cocaine withdrawal
Known for its short-lived but intense high, cocaine is powerful stimulant drug that has affected the lives of countless individuals and families throughout Virginia and the world. Individuals who abuse cocaine over long periods of time are susceptible to developing a tolerance for the drug, and eventually, these men and women will require more cocaine, either in larger doses or more frequent use, to achieve their desired high. As cocaine use becomes more prevalent, individuals are exposed to a greater risk for long-term health concerns and for developing a substance use disorder.
Individuals struggling with a cocaine dependence will experience a myriad of negative consequences at home, at school, at work, and in relationships when they are unable to control their cocaine use. When an addiction takes hold, and cocaine become increasingly crucial in one’s life, one will be unable to function to his or her full potential. Amidst the downward spiral of drug abuse, many individuals truly want to reverse dysfunctional, dangerous behavioral patterns, and return to a life of health and sobriety. However, due to the pervasive nature of cocaine addiction, many individuals find it impossible to halt their cocaine use without professional help from a reputable cocaine addiction treatment center.
When it comes time for a person to reach out for support to work toward recovery, he or she must first achieve sobriety. At first this may seem like a daunting task, but is entirely possible with the proper mindset and the many options available for cocaine treatment program.
As stated above, ridding one’s body of cocaine and other harmful substances is a critical first step in working toward long-term healing from substance abuse. However, when an individual stops his or her cocaine use, painful symptoms of withdrawal will soon set in. As cocaine leaves the body, a variety of physiological symptoms take hold and can include the following:
- Strong cravings for more cocaine
- Suicidal thoughts
Attempting to endure symptoms of withdrawal like those listed above without any support can often result in a relapse. This is due to the fact that these negative and painful side effects can be quelled when one ingests cocaine once again. As an individual experiences multiple failed attempts at sobriety, he or she puts him or herself in danger of worsening his or her cocaine dependence. But with the help of a detox program at a quality treatment center, men and women can rid their minds and bodies of cocaine and other harmful substances under the compassionate care of experienced staff who can ensure their comfort and safety.
The importance of cocaine detox
Undergoing a supervised detoxification, or detox, program can drastically improve the way in which one experiences a cocaine withdrawal. Because withdrawal symptoms are severe, many men and women find it impossible to quit using cocaine without help from a licensed addiction treatment center. But detox programs like the one at Galax are designed to give individuals the tools and supports they need to achieve the sobriety that will be critical as they access the next steps in their plans of care. Each person has unique needs, but some of the key components of a detox program are outlined in the following:
- Our nursing staff is available 24/7 to motor each patient’s health and well-being in each step of the detox process.
- We prescribe medication, if necessary, to alleviate painful withdrawal symptoms. These prescriptions are heavily monitored, and only dispensed by qualified personnel.
- As patients gain strength, they can access additional programming, and begin to set goals for treatment after detox.
Benefits of detoxing from cocaine at Life Center of Galax in Virginia
In the early stages of cocaine addiction treatment, a supervised detox allows a person the immediate benefit of a shorter, more comfortable withdrawal. But in addition to jumpstarting the healing process, a detox for cocaine addiction provides many long-term benefits that will help an individual achieve and maintain sobriety long into the future. Some of these advantages include:
- When a person takes the time to remove all substances of abuse from the mind and body, he or she will be set to begin a treatment program with a baseline of health and clarity that will prove to make all subsequent supports more beneficial.
- Successfully completing a detox program takes strength and commitment, and should be celebrated as a profoundly important step on the road to recovery. Having achieved sobriety, an individual can transition to the next steps of care with the knowledge that sobriety is indeed possible.
- Participating in a detox program at a treatment center will allow an individual access to recovery professionals who can assist in outlining next step for treatment, either in the residential treatment center, or in an outpatient setting. This allows for a seamless transition to other means of care, and can significantly reduce the risk of relapse.
The road to recovery has its challenges, but you or a loved one need not travel it alone. If you are interested in learning more about the comprehensive treatment program for cocaine addiction at Galax, including our top-notch detox program, we invite you to contact us at your earliest convenience.